Monday, March 28, 2011

Appreciate what I have


Asia Dream song - by Jeo Hisaishi

As I wish to dedicate the song to all residents in Japan, may it be victims of the earthquake/ tsunami/ nuclear plant explosion or those who survive.Till the day I am able to contribute my efforts, I wouldn't want to say much as I always believe actions are more in practical than just words or promises.

As always, pictures speak more than just words.
11 March - Massive earthquake hits Japan
14 March - The Vast devastation
16 March - Continuing Crisis
17 March - Hopes fade for finding survivors
18 March - 1 week later




Electricity was cut off after the tragedy.

While seeing the darkness in Japan,
somehow it reminds me of the Earth Hour which has just passed.



it says:

In 3 years, what started as a simple act in one country
has become a global celebration driven by you.

...started as simple act...
...become a global celebration...
...driven by me...
If it is so..

Then, I have to apologize.
I'm sorry that I turn it into a celebration.
A celebration that takes energys, resources, money, materials into account to make an one-hour light off celebration. Its popularity consumes the energy for the advertisements, resources for the people to come into a candle-lights gathering by all ways, money & materials for the promotions (shirts).
I'm sorry that it takes so much.
If the message of energy-saving has not been spreading wide enough or if people are just taking it as a celebration without any practices on daily lives, all efforts go into junk.


When they were using only a torch, we were having celebration.
I'm sorry.


Hey Japan,
Be strong and stand still.
We hope to see your smiles again.


*all photos are taken from THE BIG PICTURES - boston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment